Change Your Habits, Change Your Life
With Katherine Oldfield
May 28 - June 2, 2019
Let go of what no longer serves you and start doing what does……
The original title for this retreat was going to be ‘How to maintain your calm and resilience in a f’d up world”. Changing habits can be quite difficult, and the process can feel daunting. That is why I will guide you through the steps of how to change the habits that have been corrosive to your health using a combination of self knowing exercises, group learning and wellness teachings. In five days you will emerge with a personalized wellness plan, plus an embodied felt sense of what it’s like to maintain your calm, your vitality, and keep perspective of your priorities in the midst of your busy life.
At the middle of life we can find ourselves at a tipping point. Until now we have coasted on
our youthful vitality, unaware of some of the long term health impacts of the lifestyle habits we have been running that can
compromise our heath over time. This can start to show up as adrenal fatigue, auto-immune disorders, and a host of other conditions that can impact the quality of our lives. This is a important time to begin to chart a new course.
I have 18 years of clinical experience as a Naturopath Physician and will spend five days working with you. I will guide you through the practices of meditation, whole foods preparation and new health affirming habits. In addition you will learn about your body’s complex hormonal system and how it responds to both stress and aging.
This 5 day retreat will provide you with a new foundation for your health going forward that is in alignment with your lifestyle and your particular needs.
We’ve chosen Mountain Waters for its beauty, tranquility, and nature based setting. The Retreat Centre is located 10 minutes from Nelson BC. It’s the perfect place to come for deep learning and restoration plus the late summer in the Kootenays is glorious, with warm days and early fall colours.
This retreat is for you If…..
- you feel burnt out and overworked
- You are so busy that you hardly have time to identify, let alone change self limiting habits
- you crave more time for your self to yourself to rediscover what is important and how to better meet your needs
- You’d like more time being active in nature, and an opportunity to renew your creative juice
- You are looking for some professional guidance on how to make the health changes you know are important in your life
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, this retreat is for you.
The program is designed to awaken your senses, deepen your relaxation, push-up on your capacity for exercise and fun, and all this coupled with deep learning . You’ll be nourished with garden grown healthy gourmet meals, morning yoga classes, nature immersion, Art & Creativity teachings, plus personalized health coaching. Daily Wellness workshops will take place at the retreat centre, within a schedule that allows for daily outings to some of the special places in the Nelson area.
We’ll partake in:
- beach walks and a picnic
- hikes in West Arm Provincial Park
- a nature walk led by a local foraging expert
- Cooking class by Dr Oldfield
- bicycling on a rail trail to an exquisite wilderness beach
- an outdoor farm to table dinner
- paddling on Majestic Kootenay lake
- Forest bathing
- Dynamic meditation and mindfulness practices
- Morning Yoga classes
- Evening Campfires
- Art Workshop
- Daily workshops led by Dr Oldfield
Each day has a theme that is explored through daily workshops and break-out sessions. The themes are interconnected and build on each other daily so that you emerge with a tangible plan at the end of the retreat.
- Intro to contemplative practices & cultivating mindfulness
- Adrenal Stress, hormonal heath & pathways to restoration
- Whole Foods Hands-On Cooking Class
- The value of exercise & creating a plan that’s right for your body and lifestyle
A Sample day:
- Wake to the sounds of the mountain waters
- Workshop with Katherine Oldfield
- Daily outdoor excursion guided by Laura Adams, ACMG guide.
- Afternoon workshop, art lesson or free time
- Free time or evening fire circle
All meals and activities, including equipment rentals and fees for instructors and guides are included in the price. Not included are snacks, meals you require outside of what is provided, and alcoholic beverages. For our US participants please note that prices listed are in Canadian funds, US dollar amounts will generally be 20-25% less.
Dr Oldfield will be joined by Laura Adams, who is a well known professional ACMG guide and international explorer. Laura has spent her adult life exploring remote landscapes around the globe. In the past year she has completed four expeditions to the Arctic exploring the west coast of Greenland, sailing through the North-West Passage, supporting a
team of scientists researching the Arctic Archipelago, and skiing among the big walls of Baffin Island.